You’ll probably have to be:
1. A loud, fight-loving vixen who would offer to thrash others in the very next minute. Should be able to gesture like mad, flailing arms and point fingers at the other person’s face continuously till her opponent walks off. Should latch on to one guy and make him a body guard of sorts.
2. Cute guy who should want to forever be at the vixen’s side. Should aim to mediate her fights with other girls and come between the two warring parties so that no one actually gets beaten up in the bargain. Naturally, this will cause the other girls to dislike him immensely and put him on the spot light whenever a particularly nasty task has to be performed. Ouch.
3. A rainbow coloured peacock with makeup to match. To be the group air head with vacant expression and blank smile. Should dress horrendously to suit weird personality. Will be one of the first people to be wanted to be voted out but will probably stay till the end because “she belongs to no one”.
4. Several bitchy girls whose main aim will be to gossip about the others, plot and scheme and basically act infuriatingly catty. Side with like-minded personalities and form groups among each other. Pick a couple of guys who’d probably like them but not so much that they’d sacrifice themselves for the girls in the end.
5. A real stupid guy who wears shoes that hasnt been released in India till now and whose accent goes awry after a couple of sentences. Should be able to embarass himself thoroughly on national television. And talk poor english such as I got 3 shots in the middle of my both legs. Maybe mistake Roadies for the grand circus, in all probability.
There are so many freaks and confused souls on MTV Roadies 6 this time that I’m beginning to wonder if this is really Roadies I’m watching. And since reality shows this time around means painful humiliation and absurd tasks, I for one am not missing even one episode.
With all the cat-fights, name-calling, abuse-flinging adventure ride in store, I would recommend you not to miss the show either. This time seems to be Hell Down Under indeed, much pun intended after the last task!
So Ashutosh finally wins Roadies 5.0 and I still dont know why Sonel chose him as the winner instead of Nihal. I mean, if someone voted me out, I’d be more than glad to pay them in the same coin. I bet Nihal was so sure that Sonel would pick him because of the same reason. Damn shame.
It didnt help that I’d already read stupid spoilers in Orkut before and that I knew beforehand that Ashutosh was the winner. That didnt stop me from watching the show though. It was fun getting to know all the roadies.
The well deserved slap to Shambhavi was a tad sadistic, in my opinion. I mean, the crew can cry itself hoarse that the whole thing wasnt intentional and especially not fun. I actually felt sorry for Little Miss Sunshine. Lucky she had the newly nipple pierced Varun (who didnt seem to know what was supposed to get pierced according to Anmol) to console her in her time of need. Ashtosh really didnt have to hit her that hard. Or did he?
In conclusion, Sonel is really an air head with a permanent smile pasted on her face. So much for third position. Nihal, the loyal friend wins second place. And Ashutosh, the (tight) female slapper is the ultimate roadie. What on earth happened in 5.0??? I’m already looking forward to Roadies 6. Nikhil should be promoted this time around. I want to see more of him in the actual tasks rather than simply cooling his heels talking to the latest voted out.
I just love the Tickr scrolling ridiculously funny messages on MTV. Here’s my version of Tickr on Raghu & his crew. Feel free not to laugh.
- Raghu is so brilliant at setting Roadies tasks that he never screws up any.
- He just blames it on DOP Akshay citing light reasons all the time.
- Camera person Willy is not the oldest guy on the crew.
- He was forced to put white streaks on his hair by Raghu who wanted someone older to stand next to in the frame!
- Raghu is not naturally bald. Neither does he shave his head.
- All the hair mistook his face for the head & grows there.
- Now you know why he’s always unshaven & replete with overgrown beard during Behind The Scenes footage.
- Raghu was once voted the sexiest man on the MTV Hero Honda Roadies 5.0 crew.
- Unfortunately, the only other contestants in the running were Zulfia & Debbie. Rest of the crew had taken leave that day.
(I would do Rannvijay too but then all sentences would come out mushy and head over heels in love with him)
I once asked someone – Do you like watching Roadies on MTV? And pat came the reply – I hate it! I think thats how Roadies comes across to people in general. Either you hate it or you love it. I love the show. Its the best thing ever to happen to MTV, my TV screen and me too in no particular order.
The last episode left me speechless. I initially thought it was strange that there were no tasks to be performed by the Roadies. Then again, I reasoned – it must be one of those sudden change of moods that the producers seem to be affected more often than not. Then, at the end of the show, I get to know that it was because of some mix-up that they couldnt do the show and as a salvaging brainstorm, the last two roadies got to tight rope it with alarming results.
I felt let down. Purely as an after thought. Vibhor half walking, half running across the tightrope was a funny sight. That an injured Ankita had ample time to painfully drag herself across the rope and eventually fall down with a screaming – no! no! noooo…. was too bad. At least she trudged farther than Vibhor (thank god)
One of my favourite quirks on Roadies is Prabhjot’s pregnant pauses in the middle of her sentences. Speaking of which, was it only me or did Ankita sound like she was going in labour with her loud exhaling in yesterday’s task? Maybe it was just me, yeah.
Another point I found silly was upping the cash of Rs. 100 for one second to Rs. 500 by dear Rannvijay for the money task. Maybe he also realized that the way these Roadies are going, they would only accumulate 3 lakhs or so in the entire show. I was left wondering if Ashu was really a good guy what with going first for the task although he was the captain and could have gone last if he really wanted. Thought of Sneshashish for a moment there.
Echoing Raghu, I really dont care who wins Roadies 5.0. As long as they give us plenty of watchable material on MTV. My favourite line for yesterday was – There’s a strange growth on Vibhor’s neck. His head. Hahaha.
I thought the last week would never get over. I always had a sneaking feeling that my memory’s not all that sharp since way back in college. And as I broke my back studying for The Exam, I found out I had been right all along. Ah, my memory let me down more than once and I’d kick it if only it were tangible. So that was that and now I am free to once again become lazy and spend all my time effortlessly doing things that come naturally to me.
Although all that exercise in cramming did make me realize that I could use such drastic aim in life once in a while. It was nice having a goal, for a change and doing just about everything to achieve it. While I have no problem whatsoever with pointless existance (like before), something tells me I am going to look at things differently henceforth. And that doesnt necessarily mean through TV.
Went for a picnic with the girls yesterday. They sang non-stop all the way till the picnic spot and also all the way back. For about three whole hours. It was unbelievable. I think a good measure of how old one actually is can be realized when you no longer know the songs that the rest of these early 20′s something are yelling on top of their voices. And the fact that while they can dance without a break, you start gasping & wheezing for breath before too long.
There’s a rule that says: Nobody cares if you cant DANCE well. Just get up and dance.
Well, there was one kid who just kept on saying again and again that she couldnt dance at all. Inspite of me going and showing her all the moves, she just kept on refusing to dance. So, in the end, I told her to practice for one year because come next picnic, she will be the first one to inaugurate the dance floor.
It was tiring but it was fun. I’m glad we all have one year to recuperate till the next time.
The game finally went international, thank god. Watching Roadies 5.0 was a blast, what with the gruesome Lady Boys act or the frog eating task. My stomach just churned involuntarily. Thai kickboxing was fun, with the kids beating the hell out of each other. Finally some real Roadies action. The Varun jokes scrolling at the end of the screen was hilarious! What wont they think of next. For once when Raghu lamented about setting the crap-eating task, he looked human for a change. I liked it.
I’m doing an Eagles right now and taking it all easy. I’m finally free. To become lazy all over again. Wont take much time at the rate at which I am going.
Prabhjot: They… wanted to… vote me out… from the… very beginning. I’m like… their enemy.
This was your big revenge plan??? Getting voted out yourself!?! Tough luck, girl. If the only thing you’re going to miss about Roadies is the bike, might as well pester your folks to buy you a Karizma, a red one and that will be that.
Anmol: All these people are such *beep*. I dont like anyone. They irritate the *beep* out of me. More *beep*.
Dear Snob, all talk and no action isnt Roadies material. Acting bitchy and snooty reflects major insecurity on your side more than your inability to perform well on most tasks.
Shambhavi:I’m hot, you’re not. I’m popular and guys flirt with me more than anyone else. I’m Little Miss Sunshine and the most innocent girl in the whole world, even as I scheme to get ahead in the game by latching on to the nearest possible guy.
Best Actress in a Negative Role in a reality series. Raghu’s pet has survived so long because of her male link-ups. How far will you run? I’m going to throw a major party here when you finally get voted out, you *beep*.
Nihal:Who should I do first – Shambhavi or Anmol?
Shiver me timbers, lad. Where the hell’s your stamina? Last time it was your thick jeans, before that, it was loose jeans. Are you really a Roadie? Are you sick of people asking these same questions to you all the time? Hard to believe if you say you dont give a fart!
Ashutosh: Mumble… mumble…mumble…
How come he’s loyal to Shambhavi’s side? Whats going on??? Where the hell are the subtitles???
Ayaz: (The guy with the neatest smile. Cant think of writing anything derogatory for him)
Voting out Prabhjot was smart. Now vote out Ashu next. He’s your enemy for god’s sake man!
I’m your loyal viewer. In fact, I watch each Roadies episode every saturday and then also the re-runs the remaining days of the week. But I have to say – I’m now getting a tad impatient with Roadies 5.0. Let me tell you why:
- I dont understand half the things Ashutosh says. As to why he suddenly started crying in the middle of last week’s show – god only knows why.
- The game isnt going International only. Or was the original headline – Roadies 5.0: The game goes international only after seven people get voted out?
- Clever bit of manoeuvre keeping the Undesirables in the show to create more controversies, thereby generating more interest. But at what cost? So that people like Ankita get voted out? Hardly fair, even if Roadies 5.0 isnt all about fair play.
- Not another cat-fight. Arent you people sick of all the bickering or is it only me?
- Anmol complaining all the time. God, even I dont complain that much.
- Sonel. I wonder if Snehashish was right about her being an airhead.
These were the pros, if you can call them that:
- Shambhavi finally defending herself – thank god!! I mean, she stopped acting like an injured puppy and had the guts to bare it all. Good for her. Cant say the same for Nihal but who’s interested!
- Prabhjot’s revenge-seeking mission. A word of advice though – just please dont get voted out yourself in the process.
- Ayaz’s cute smile. He’s the only guy I find honest and someone I like very much on the show, besides Rannvijay of course.
Please take the game international already as well as add subtitles for Ashu, for which I will be very grateful.
Reference: Dear Raghu part 3 which asks a very important question that needs answers.
Try any of the following:
Rigged Wheels + Magnets: Unpredictable bouncing of the ball can conceal the fact that the ball has a magnet in it, thereby players can direct the ball to areas where bet is made.
Deadening of Pocket Surface: By spraying or painting invisible polymers or plastics on pocket surfaces which deadens it so that ball doesnt bounce as much when it hits that area, thereby coming to rest in one sector more than others.
Wheel Gaffing: Creating a wheel bias where ball’s momentum makes it come to rest at one section of the wheel more than any other.
Back to Roadies 5.0, Shambhavi had a very big grin on her face when Raghu said that – it takes something more, something special to survive on the show. God knows why she was smiling so much – there is indeed something much more than meets the eye. To say the very least, she was given the advantage last episode and again somehow luckily wins immunity. Can you see a pattern here? Two happy coincidences in two weeks for the same person. Whats going on, people?
I saw Ashutosh rubbing khaini in his palms briefly. Ewww. What else could it be?
Snehashish got voted out – I wish he hadnt. I was really starting to like him. Therefore in his defence, I would like to say that I didnt like Raghu lecturing him on the rules of chivalry. A pig is someone who says things like – You girls should stay in the place that we men have given you and its unbecoming of a woman to go ask for a man to dance. Dont you think?
Strip SMS has spoiled me so, I found the latest episode just ok. My dislike for Shambhavi has intensified so much that I want to nominate her for Best Actress in a Distressed, Spoilt & Vengeful Role. The Snob had a hanky clasped on her royal nose in the trip to the village and has a thing against local, roadside jeans – who knew! I knew beforehand Vikrant was going to be voted out – Damn you Orkut Community spoilers!
I felt sorry for Ayaz – watching the rest plot against him cause he isnt ‘fit enough’ was like watching a National Geographic special where an injured & bleeding shark is about to be devoured by the rest of the hungry group. Suddenly there were new doctors-cum-Roadies who gave their verdict as to how Ayaz wouldnt be able to recover within a week whereas the real doctor had the opposite observation. Only Snehashish was helping the injured Ayaz although I wish he wasnt so blatant about his schemes and use words like ‘pawn to move ahead in the game’.
Judging by the trend, the devious ones (or strong contenders as applicable) are the first ones being voted out. I fear for Snehashish, my new favourite, that he might just be the next one to get out. And as for my old favourite, Ashutosh, he’s been quiet & observant the whole time. I guess that just about tilts the odds in his favour. Rest of them can be classified as ‘bhed chal’ – a word used often before in the show. Looks like Snehashish & gang are ruling the roost for the moment.
P.S. Loved Sneha’s new tan!
Yeah – Strip SMS!!! The guys sure did a good job trying not to appear overtly embarrassed appearing in their undies on national television. Eww. I couldnt help feeling sorry watching the girls try to answer the quiz questions in SMS. I myself cannot text in any phone other than Nokia, so my due sympathies were with the ladies. The contest itself was hilarious. I watched it again the next day just in case I missed out something while I was busy laughing way too much.
Anmol: God, the smug look on her face when she answered most of the quiz correctly was unbearable. That she couldnt climb the Rope Malkhamb even by one feet in the air negated her high & mighty attitude in my opinion.
Snehashish: This guy is funny! I’m beginning to like him. I didnt use to before. Heck, I didnt even know his name properly before. Now I wouldnt want him to be voted out anytime soon.
Sonel & Ashutosh: Whats with this pair? Are they an item? What? I was disappointed that the last telecast of her proposing him was just a dare game. I’m not going to believe anything else they show in the highlights next time onwards.
Shambhavi & Nihal: I just have one observation for Ms Pretty Little Thing. Whoever has a thing for her gets voted out pronto. If Nihal doesnt get voted out next, I’ll eat my words.
Prabhjot should learn to mask her feelings a bit – her facial features were working overtime when Shambhavi was hugging Vibhor goodbye. Ayaz is a little too stubborn for his own good (he should have at least begged for 5 immunity votes), Ankita’s shoulders shake too much when shes laughing her guts out & Vikrant’s got new pics uploaded in his Orkut profile; I’m seriously considering sending him a friend request.
As for wondering how Vibhor looks clean-shaven, I guess we’ll never know.
P.S. While we all know just how hands-on the Roadies crew are as they show in Behind The Scenes, I was really looking forward to Raghu demonstrating the Strip SMS game to begin with. Shame he didnt go through with it.